Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shoes...remember it all starts with shoes.

Those of you who know me, have heard me preach many times about the value of buying good running shoes and not wearing them past the point of about 6 months.  Well, as you know from this blog I was working on a running streak...well Monday my knee was killing me...so I blew the streak taking Monday off.  And the reason I was forced to kill the streak at 8 day?  My shoes.  My left shoe was shot.  Then I looked at the calendar.  I bought these shoes when I got back from Kuwait.  That was in August...let's see.  August, September, October, November, December, January, February....March...that makes about 7 months on the same shoes.  Dumb me.  Do yourself a favor.  Check your shoes.  They really are not made for more then 6 months of running.  And if your knees, hips, leg don't feel good...more than likely it is the shoes.  So my new shoes came in the mail today.  I'm back on the streak again, starting in the morning.

No comments: