Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold...yea...its been years!

Okay God and I had a little talk this afternoon while I was out there running in the 20 something temperatures. What gives? God takes me out of California...wonderful LA 70 something and puts me in Maryland just in time for the cold...and now I'm dealing with 20 degree weather.



A few of my friends know me too well. When I shared how much snow we had here just before Christmas with them on Facebook, they came back with that wouldn't stop me from getting out there and running. And yea...they were right. The cold weather is not going to stop me...but it doesn't mean I'm ready for it. All my winter running gear is old and worn out. Moths have had a field day eating hole in my wool mitts.



Actually my favorite runs are those I take during snow storms. Running in the cold really comes down to dressing for the weather. The key...layer on the cloths. Typically that means about three to four layers plus a good hat and gloves. If you dress for the cold you can actually have pretty nice runs. But don't worry even us die heart runners have a hard time heading out of the nice warm house for those cold chilly winds. So I'm restocking my weather running clothing and then head back out for a few more cold weather runs.

No comments: