Friday, July 9, 2010

Grace

Grace is something that I think I know a lot about.  But the truth is I will never fully understand nor appreciate the true depth of what it really means.  Today I experienced it again.  I was busy with my work...trying to take care of the Airmen, Sailors, Soldiers who I see daily.  And I got an email with my evaluation from my commander with his and his commander's comments.  Grace came a knocking on my door.

Grace is a gift that comes not when it is desired or wanted, but when it is needed.  It can be as simple as someone saying to you...you did a good job.  And it can be as dramatic as the calm in the midst of a storm.  That email was the "...you're doing good."  We all want to know that what we are doing is appreciated and valued...and for me today that is what happened.  And it feels good.

But grace is something that I've learn doesn't come without some kind of struggle.  It falls on the soul like a gentle rain...but first there had to be a drought.  It comes as relief from the storms of life, but there has to be the storms.  Grace...it comes...but only after it seems too late.  Grace...it is a marvelous thing.

Grace is when you run your last step of a race...and the peace of God rains down upon your head.

No comments: