Thursday, September 11, 2008

What did I do?

I can't believe myself sometimes...I just signed up for a 100 mile bike ride from Santa Barbara to El Segundo? Now, yea I'm in shape, but my all time most miles on a bike was 68 and that was back in February...and I've not been on the bike since then.... And the ride is on Saturday...no...This Saturday? So now if you've stopped laughing at me...there is some logic to my madness.

See the way I look at it is, it’s about taking things to the limits and stretching beyond what we think we can do. I know I'm in shape to run 26.2 miles because next week, I might be running the Air Force Marathon in Dayton, Ohio. But there is an old rule that riding a bike takes 1/4 the effort of running so that 26.2 miles would mean the equivalent of 104.8 miles...so in theory I should be able to do this. But the truth is there is a difference between theory and reality. Theory doesn't hurt you, reality does. So I'm putting it to a test, and I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: